5 Ways to Ready Your Home to Sell in Dallas TX
February 7, 2013 3:47 pm
One of the best ways to ensure a fast sale at a high price when you have a home to sell in Dallas, TX is to declutter it. Getting rid of excess furniture and other items makes your home look bigger and helps prospective buyers more easily imagine their belongings in your home. Decluttering also helps you get ready for your move, since it allows you to organize your things and get rid of stuff you don’t need anymore. Here are a few ways to get started with the declutter process:
1. Do a walk through – A good first step to decuttering is to walk through all your rooms and take photographs. Rooms that seem light and open in person, may appear dark, messy and small in a picture. Since a real estate agent will be using pictures to promote your property, you can use your photos to hone in on any problem spots and attack those areas first.
2. Take an honest assessment – Now that you’ve identified which rooms need the most attention, it’s time to take an honest assessment of all your possessions. This is the time to get rid of the things you aren’t using any more, including old clothes and other items, by donating them to charity, selling them or simply throwing them out.
3. Pre-pack items – Once you’ve gotten rid of the excess, it’s time to do a little pre-packing. It’s not necessary to remove everything for your home to sell in Dallas, TX. But you should pack up the things you won’t need for a few weeks or months, such as books, movie collections and any bulky furniture. Rooms can look small and cramped with too much furniture in them. You could even repurpose different rooms in your house, such as changing a den into a guest bedroom.
4. Stage your home to sell – Dallas TX home buyers can be distracted if you have too many collectibles or other art objects displayed in each room. Remove any collections of objects, and stick with a few accent ornaments or pieces of art to help people imagine their own art work in the home. When you box up your items, make sure you store them in a temporary unit or move them to another location. Otherwise, you could create the impression that your home doesn’t have enough storage space.
5. Stow small items – Finally, make sure you stow toiletries, kids’ toys and kitchen utensils neatly away in drawers, containers or your cupboards. Not only will your house remain tidy, but it will showcase creative uses of the existing storage space.
If you have a home to sell in Dallas, TX but need help finding a buyer, contact Landon Homes to ask how you can take advantage of the Builder Trade In Program. This program helps buyers with little or no equity, or even negative equity, explore all the possibilities to purchase a brand new 24/7 energy efficient Landon home. For more information, call us today at 866-898-3603.Tags: Dallas-Ft Worth homes, energy efficient homes in dallas, energy efficient homes in frisco, energy efficient homes in north dallas, FAQ, FAQ Dallas New Homes, frisco ISD new homes, frisco new homes, green construction for new homes, homebuilding in Dallas, Landon news, Lifestyle 8000 tax credit, Lifestyle dallas homes, north Dallas home builder
This post was written by Landon Homes