How to Give the Closet in Your New Home in Little Elm a Celebrity Makeover
November 20, 2013 12:12 pm
What do you look for in a new home in Little Elm? Some people want a designer kitchen, others, a spacious master bedroom suite. If your idea of a dream home includes a celebrity-style bedroom closet, you can have that too! Here are a few ways to give your closet a designer makeover:
1. Organize Your Space – Before you move into your Little Elm home, take a trip to IKEA, or Bed, Bath and Beyond. Pick up some racks, baskets or drawer units to organize your closet. Store scarves, belts, socks and shoes in matching boxes or baskets and label each one.
2. Donate Container – Need a cure for hanging onto clothes that either don’t fit, or are out of style? Keep a “donate” container in your closet. The moment you decide not to wear an item anymore, toss it in the container, and save it for the next charity collection.
3. Glam up Your Lighting – The lighting in a bedroom closet typically features a plain bulb light or flush-mount ceiling fixture. You can add glamour to your space by using a small chandelier, a jazzier flush-mount or drum pendant. Just make sure the lighting fixture you use meets safety codes.
4. Add a Full-Length Mirror – A walk-in closet benefits from the addition of a full-length mirror. This way you can try on a particular outfit and see just how you look before you walk out the door.
5. Hang Inspirational Art – Who says your closet walls have to be dull? Frame your favorite covers of fashion magazines like Bazaar or Vogue, and display them on the wall.
6. Hang Wallpaper – Need a way to use up an extra roll of wallpaper left over from another DIY project? Wallpapering the closet wall provides a delightful surprise when you shove clothes aside. If you don’t have the patience for wallpaper, paint the inside of the closet a fun, impractical color you’ve always liked, such as turquoise or lavender.
7. Ban Wire Hangers – Replace unsightly wire or plastic hangers with wooden hangers, or thin hangers covered in fabric.
8. Organize Clothes – Save time getting dressed in the morning with some prior organization. Sort your clothes by type, then by color and arrange them from lightest to darkest.
9. Organize Accessories – Use decorative hooks for accessories like necklaces and bracelets. You can also use a bulletin board or framed screen, which is handy for accommodating earrings.
10. Decorate the Door – Spiff up your closet door by swapping out a plain doorknob with a glamorous glass knob. Other treatments include adding a door knocker and painting the trim.
One of the benefits of buying a brand new house from Landon Homes is that the master bedrooms feature generous “his and her” closet space. Resale homes don’t typically have that kind of storage space. If you are looking for a new home in Little Elm, come out to the communities of Lakeview. Located just east of Lake Lewisville, the beautiful, eco-friendly homes at the Enclave, Dominion and Reserve are among the finest Landon has to offer. Visit our website for more information.Tags: Dallas-Ft Worth homes, energy efficient homes in dallas, energy efficient homes in frisco, energy efficient homes in north dallas, FAQ, FAQ Dallas New Homes, frisco ISD new homes
This post was written by Landon Homes