How to Create Thanksgiving Traditions in your New Home
November 27, 2011 9:00 pm
Buying a new home in Frisco, Texas? There’s no better time to celebrate than at Thanksgiving. Growing up, your family likely had certain traditions to follow during this special holiday. Most probably involved what to serve during the meal! As you move into your new home in Frisco, Texas, it might be time to start some new Thanksgiving traditions. Here are a few suggestions:
1. Shake up your menu – Every family tends to settle into a set Thanksgiving dinner menu. But why not shake things up? Try introducing a new dish each year, or preparing a familiar dish in a new way.
2. Renovate old traditions – Look for ways to update old traditions. If your family always used the same centerpiece year after year, for instance, it’s probably in need of a makeover. Update it with new materials or fresh flowers.
3. Dinnerware – Buy a special set of dishes to use only for Thanksgiving. Or if you don’t want to go to the expense, purchase some special salt & pepper shakers or a turkey platter.
4. Preserve the memories – Take a family photo before everyone sits down to the dinner table. It will be fascinating to look at those pictures 5, 10 or 20 years later and see how the family has grown and evolved.
5. Giving back – Take time out during the holiday season to give back to those less fortunate than you. Consider donating time or food to a homeless shelter a few days before the holiday or on Thanksgiving itself.
6. Play games – Play a special game after dinner – choose from your favorite card or board game. Or maybe a family game of charades!
7. Give thanks – Come up with a unique way to give thanks – after all, it’s what the holiday is all about. Have everyone around the table say something they’re thankful for. Or make a game out of it by having people write their “thanks” on a piece of paper, putting it into a hat, and have everyone guess who it belongs to.
If you’re still looking for that perfect new home in Frisco, Texas, visit the Landon Homes website to learn about our affordable green homes for sale. As one of the premier Texas homebuilders, Landon conserves energy resources and minimizes your monthly utility expenses while maximizing design impact and flex space. At Landon, our homes are better built by design.
Tags: Dallas-Ft Worth homes, energy efficient homes in dallas, energy efficient homes in frisco, energy efficient homes in north dallas, FAQ, FAQ Dallas New Homes, frisco ISD new homes, frisco new homes, green construction for new homes, homebuilding in Dallas, Landon news, Lifestyle 8000 tax credit, Lifestyle dallas homes, north Dallas home builder
This post was written by Landon Homes