Staging your home to sell
October 29, 2012 10:19 am
Are you shopping for homes for sale? Little Elm TX is a wonderful town, with plenty of housing choices whether you’re a young couple just starting out, or you need more room to accommodate a growing family. If you already own a home and need to sell in order to buy a bigger place, here are some tips on how to stage your home to help speed up the sales process.
1. Clear the clutter – This is probably the number one step you can take to make your home ready to sell. Prospective buyers need to be able to imagine their own possessions in the home, and they’ll have trouble doing that if your stuff is strewn all over the place.
2. Let the sun and style in – One way to help speed a sale is to brighten the interior. If you have wood paneling, it tends to darken a space and make it feel dated. Try replacing the paneling with a neutral paint and make sure you have contemporary window treatments. Lastly, arrange the furniture in a room to direct potential buyers’ eyes to the room’s greatest selling point – a sunlit view.
3. Shrink your furniture to expand the space – For a cue at how to stage your interior, take a look at other homes for sale. Little Elm TX new homes are usually furnished with appropriate sized pieces that make a room look big. If your furniture is too large, try moving some pieces to another location, or put them in storage until you can move them into your new home.
4. Define a room’s function – Don’t confuse prospective buyers about a room’s function. If you have a big dining room table in your living room, it not only looks out of place, but it makes the room look tiny. And as a result, it lowers the value of your home. Remove furniture that doesn’t belong to emphasize the true meaning of the space.
5. Hardwood floors vs. carpet – If your carpet is old and dingy, replace it with new. Or see if there is a hardwood floor underneath the carpeting. If so, refinishing the floor can turn a boring room into a beautiful one.
6. Add a splash of color – Transform bland rooms with fresh paint, new lighting and accessories. Look at design magazines to get an idea of current styles for color ideas.
7. Make a great entrance – First impressions mean a lot when it comes to readying homes for sale. Little Elm TX buyers may not even step foot inside your house for a tour if the outside looks uninviting. Spruce up your front yard by getting rid of any clutter, planting a few flowers and keeping the lawn neat and tidy.
Once you get your home ready for sale, stop by the Enclave at Lakeview, Landon Homes’ beautiful new home community in Little Elm, located just east of Lewisville Lake. Or visit the Landon website to see the different floor plans that are available to build in Enclave.Tags: Dallas-Ft Worth homes, energy efficient homes in dallas, energy efficient homes in frisco, energy efficient homes in north dallas, FAQ, FAQ Dallas New Homes, frisco ISD new homes, frisco new homes, green construction for new homes, homebuilding in Dallas, Landon news, Lifestyle 8000 tax credit, Lifestyle dallas homes, north Dallas home builder
This post was written by Landon Homes