Tips for Creating Curb Appeal at Your New Home
January 31, 2012 12:10 am
One of the appeals to buying a new home in McKinney is the fact that no one has ever lived in it before. A new house is like a fresh canvas to a painter. This is your opportunity to create a home that totally reflects your personality and design aesthetic. Not just indoors, but outdoors as well. Curb appeal is what makes a home inviting to friends and family. Here are a few tips to enhance your new home’s curb appeal:
1. Create symmetry – Symmetrical light fixtures flanking the front door along with accent pieces such as matching planters, provide a welcome entryway to guests.
2. Add lighting – Add low-voltage or solar lights along the pathway to your front door. They will enhance the appearance of your walkway, and provide added safety for your new home in McKinney as well. Accent lighting for trees also adds a decorative touch to your yard.
3. Design an instant garden – Container gardens can be a welcome addition to your home’s exterior. They’re easy to maintain and add a colorful dimension to your porch or walkway. Create a dynamic setting by using a staggered, asymmetrical arrangement to your landscape.
4. Install window boxes – A quick and easy way to bring color and charm to your home’s exterior is to add window boxes. Choose copper or iron boxes for a traditional look, or painted wood for a cottage feel. Fill the boxes with assorted plants and flowers that suit lighting conditions and your home’s color scheme.
5. Add focal points to your yard – Add an eye-catching element to the landscape of your new home in McKinney by adding a unique, weather-resistant art piece, birdbath or wind chime. Water sculptures also function as yard art, and lend soothing sounds to your home’s ambience.
6. Install planting beds – Bring contrast and color to your home’s exterior by adding planting beds along the driveway or walkway, at the front corners of the yard, or immediately in front of the house. Choose features that compliment and frame your home. Stone and pre-cast concrete make excellent borders. Include a variety of plants in different sizes, colors and textures for optimal results.
Two communities to consider for your new home in McKinney are Shiloh Ranch and Verona Estates by Landon Homes. Priced from the $200s, and offering some of the largest homesites in McKinney, Landon has the perfect home to suit your needs, whether you’re an empty nester looking to downsize, or a young couple with a growing family. Call 866-898-3603 or visit the website for more information.Tags: Dallas-Ft Worth homes, energy efficient homes in dallas, energy efficient homes in frisco, energy efficient homes in north dallas, FAQ, FAQ Dallas New Homes, frisco ISD new homes, frisco new homes, green construction for new homes, homebuilding in Dallas, Landon news, Lifestyle 8000 tax credit, Lifestyle dallas homes, north Dallas home builder
This post was written by Landon Homes