5 Ways to Organize the Kitchen in your New Home in Dallas TX
May 26, 2013 11:29 am
One benefit of moving into a new home in Dallas TX is getting the opportunity to organize your space. Since the kitchen typically gets the most use in your home, it’s a good idea to tackle this room first. Here are a few smart organizing tips to help get you started:
1. Everything in its place – Keep cookbooks on an open shelf, as long they’re not exposed to heat and humidity from the refrigrator or stove. Place items you use most often, such as your everyday dishes, on lower shelves and move special occasion pieces up above. Group similar objects by purpose, such as bakeware and food storage containers, and assign them to specific cabinets.
2. Assign a cooking zone – Store your pots and pans as close to the stove as possible, so they’re always handy when needed. Make food preparation more efficient by keeping essential tools together within easy reach of your cooking area.
3. Install organizers – Frequently used gear will be easy to access in your new home in Dallas TX when you install sliding shelf organizers. Drawer organizers also keep cutlery separate, so you don’t have to waste time rummaging around for a needed utensil. Another handy organizer to consider is the easy-to-clean lazy Susan. They are great for storing spices, sticky or spillable food items on a pantry shelf.
4. Items on display – Show off your good china or antique bowls by displaying them in glass-front cabints. If you have open shelves, keep them uncluttered by using airy rattan baskets to store items. See-through wire baskets are useful for storing snacks for your family to quickly grab on the go. Conserve storage space by hanging pots and pans near your stove.
5. Declutter counters – Keep your counters clear for food preparation by keeping small appliances under the cabinet, and mounting basics like a calendar and to-do lists on the wall. Consider installing a retractible book stand to keep a recipe at eye level while you’re working. Once you’re done, simply fold the stand back under a cabinet.
You will be hard pressed to find a more affordable, better built new home in Dallas, TX than one made by Landon Homes. The Landon name has been synonymous with uncompromising quality, commitment to customer satisfaction, cutting-edge design and outstanding value for more than two decades. Visit our website today to learn why a Landon home is better built, by design.Tags: Dallas-Ft Worth homes, energy efficient homes in dallas, energy efficient homes in frisco, energy efficient homes in north dallas, FAQ, FAQ Dallas New Homes, frisco ISD new homes, frisco new homes, green construction for new homes, homebuilding in Dallas, Landon news, Lifestyle 8000 tax credit, Lifestyle dallas homes, north Dallas home builder
This post was written by Landon Homes