The Design Gallery
PREPARING FOR YOUR VISIT
Going to your appointment with knowledge of what your taste and style is will make for a more enjoyable experience. There are literally hundreds and hundreds of different items, patterns, or products to choose from; more than we could explain so be sure to collect samples of what you would like to incorporate into your new home.
Browsing websites such as Pinterest or Houzz, going through photographs, books, or magazines for inspiration is key to understanding the look and feel that makes the emotional connection for you.
The Design Gallery
Upon completion of your structural meeting with your sales team, your paperwork, including how your home is to be built, will be sent to the Landon Homes corporate office. Please allow up to five (5) business days for this paperwork to be prepared and approved before your appointments may be set.
Once approved, your completed documents will be sent to The Design Gallery. The Design Gallery staff will reach out to you directly to book your appointments. You will be allotted two (2), three (3) hour appointments with The Design Gallery. Each of these appointments will be scheduled at the same time so you are aware of the time frame between each one. The Design Gallery will communicate your appointment information via e-mail to you and your sales team so everyone is aware of when your appointments are scheduled.
YOUR FIRST APPOINTMENT
Goal: To review and select all material and products to be chosen for your new home. This is also a good appointment to establish your budget for what additional options you would like.
- Allow approximately three hours to meet with your personal design consultant.
- Share your ideas, samples, and photos you’ve been collecting.
- Establish a budget.
- Review standard features vs. upgraded options.
- Selections you will need to pick; flooring, cabinets, counter tops, back splashes, bath tub, shower surrounds, plumbing faucets, lighting fixtures, interior paint, doors and hardware, fireplace surround, tile designs, and window covering options.
- All price requests need to be done during this appointment to ensure all pricing is sent back by your second appointment.
YOUR SECOND APPOINTMENT
Goal: complete, review, finalize and sign off on your design color selections.
- Allow approximately three hours to complete, review, finalize, and sign off on your selections.
- Complete selections that were not selected in your first appointment.
- Revisit all items selected in your first appointment.
- Finalize and sign off on all design and color selections, this takes approximately one hour and is built-in to your three-hour appointment.
ADDITIONAL DESIGN TIME
Our design gallery appointments are set up in such a way that six hour is more than enough time to get through this process. however, additional design time is available under the following conditions:
- The Sales Manager has approved that the additional time does not adjust the time frame in which selections are due to be completed
- Customer agrees to pay The Design Gallery fee of $150 per hour for the additional time
- An appointment is made for the additional time
- If you decide you need extra time after you have signed off on your selections, there is a $500 fee per Landon Homes in addition to the Design Gallery fee of $150 per hour for additional time