Important Fall Home Maintenance Tips
October 31, 2012 11:34 am
Have you noticed a chill in the air yet? Autumn is here. The time for football, falling leaves and fireplace cleanings… just for starters. Doing a little preventative TLC around your home now will save you time and money in the future. If you recently purchased one of the new homes in Frisco, TX, here are some important maintenance tips to follow:
1. Check your air filters – Regular replacement of filters will extend the life and efficiency of your central air system. Plus, clean filters will keep your family healthier during the winter months. Call in a professional to inspect and clean your system as well.
2. Rooftop inspection – Remove any sticks or leaves from gutters and downspout, and check for missing shingles.
3. Check windows and doors – Make sure your windows and exterior doors aren’t leaking air. Inspect them to make sure the caulking is in good condition. This shouldn’t be a problem with new homes in Frisco, TX, but it’s still a good idea to get into the habit of checking.
4. Check your gas or wood burning fireplace – If you plan to use your fireplace during the winter months, make sure everything is in good working order. Hire a professional to clean all parts, including the chimney draw, fans, pilots, burners, ignition, combustion and vents.
5. Clean and inspect laundry hoses – Lint and dust tend to accumulate in your hose, creating a fire hazard. Disconnect the hose from the dryer and use a wet/dry vacuum to suck out the lint.
6. Drain your hot water heater – If you live in an area with hard water, draining your water heater will remove sediment that has accumulated in the tank, and extend the life of your water heater. You can skip this step if you purchased one of the new homes in Frisco, TX built by Landon Homes, since they come with a tankless water heater.
7. Check smoke detectors – Test and replace batteries on your smoke detectors. It’s good to do this twice a year, when we “fall back” or “spring forward.”
Use these tips to help you get a jump start on your fall home maintenance. If you’re still in the market for one of the new homes in Frisco, TX, stop by Austin Ridge at Lone Star Ranch. This Landon Homes community has a clubhouse, amenity center with fitness equipment, swimming pool, hike and bike trails, and rolling hills. The Landon homes include outstanding features such as huge master bedrooms and bath, his & her walk-in closets and media room, as well as Landon’s signature energy efficiency package. Visit the website to learn more about the Landon difference.Tags: Dallas-Ft Worth homes, energy efficient homes in dallas, energy efficient homes in frisco, energy efficient homes in north dallas, FAQ, FAQ Dallas New Homes, frisco ISD new homes, frisco new homes, green construction for new homes, homebuilding in Dallas, Landon news, Lifestyle 8000 tax credit, Lifestyle dallas homes, north Dallas home builder
This post was written by Landon Homes